04 February 2010

By Your Side

So God has blessed me with a wonderful, thoughtful, and godly boyfriend who, some time ago, decided that he was going to find a song for me. I wasn't really sure what he was talking about at the time but went along with it. Well, he ended up picking the song By Your Side from Tenth Avenue North. It's a beautiful piece of music that has beautiful lyrics to match.



If you've never heard the song, the lyrics to the second verse are:

"Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run"


You see, I was searching for love. I had been trying to find something to fill the void inside me and I kept trying to fill it with a strain of serial monogamy in past romantic relationships and failed long-term friendships. I felt very alone and was ignoring the unconditional Love of our Savior. Then He used a very hurtful experience to introduce me to my current boyfriend, a man who keeps God at the forefront of his life. I know I am a very lucky girl, but more so I am a very blessed child of the King who uses life's trials to bring us closer to Him.

I know that I do not deserve the mercies and love of our God any more than I deserve to have such a sweet and loving boyfriend. And yet, I praise Him daily for these gifts. I know that no matter what I do, I can neither run nor hide from our Father's love. He knows me, every part of me. He knew me before I was a thought, before I was someone else's dream and He knit me in my mother's womb.

He is always with us... holding us, guiding us, crying for us, and loving us. To this day I don't know why my best friend chose this song but it so clearly speaks to my heart. I know that this relationship is all a part of God's plan for my life, and He will never leave me.

God, thank you for using Aaron to help me grow closer to You. I ask that you watch over him. I look forward to seeing him become the man You designed him to be. Thank you for allowing me to share this part of his life with him. Please help us keep our relationship focused on You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment